Thursday, February 11, 2010

First ultrasound!

I just want to start off by saying everything is perfect and we saw the heartbeat :)

I can't even explain how nervous and excited I was last night and this morning to see the little bean. I had trouble falling asleep and it didn't help it was snowing and my husband had to leave early to go plowing. I woke up around 5:30 to truck noises in the driveway. One of the guys that plows for DH had come back to drop the truck off. Luckily DS slept through all of it. My appointment was at 8:10 am - which is perfect because we wake up at 6. Drank all my water around 7:30 and then off to the appointment. Didn't give me much time to wonder and wait.

We started off with a normal u/s. Saw the little one right away - so tiny! The first thing the u/s tech said was, "well there's definately a human growing in there". I wasn't able to see that heartbeat right away but the tech said it was there. Since I was bf'ing when I got pg and don't have a LMP she switched to a vaginal u/s to get an accurate date. I was charting and had my own set of dates but doc's like to see the u/s date. We got to see so much more - the little arm and leg buds. So cute! She also measured the heartbeat for us and it was 163. Nice and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment