Monday, September 27, 2010

1 week pp

The easy part - Well right now DS2 just sleeps all the time. When he's not sleeping he's nursing. It's funny because when I just had DS1 the newborn stage seemed hard. Now that I have 2 - a newborn is really easy. He nurses, sleeps and poops. I've lucked out and he's a pretty good sleeper at night. He nurses around 9pm - sleeps for 3-4 hours - nurses again around midnight - sleeps for 3 hours - nurses around 3am and then again around 5 or 6. It's really not too bad especially since he usually falls right back to sleep.

The hard part - Getting enough quality time with DS1. Nursing takes a lot of my time. During the day DS2 wants to nurse every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. DS1 loves his little brother but I think he gets jealous sometimes and he wants to cuddle too. Luckily I have a mother's helper that plays with him 2 days a week for 2 hours. Once we're able to get out and about and DS1 can get back to play dates and having fun I think it will be easier with him (being out with DS2 will be another story - that will probably be harder)

weight - down 16.5 lbs (23.5 lbs to go)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having a newborn and another child. My guy is 10 days old and I'm so exhausted - It's crazy for you to say a newborn is easy!

    Also, we're right along the same for weight gain loss it seems like - Good luck!

    ReplyDelete