Wednesday, September 8, 2010

38 weeks

So D-day is approaching - quite fast! I had my 38 week appointment. I'm 1/2 cm dilated and my cervix is still long. I know that doesn't mean anything. I was barely 1 cm when I went into labor with DS. I still hope to have at least another week. Honestly I wouldn't mind making it to my due date.

How big is baby?: Baby's the size of a Watermelon!

What is baby doing? The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.

Total weight gain: 39 lbs

Sleep: Not too bad considering I'm 8 1/2 months pg

Movement: Baby's running out of room - but still moving

Milestones: ?

What I'm looking forward to: Soon I'll find out if baby is a boy or girl! I can't believe I'm at the end.

38 week belly picture


No comments:

Post a Comment