Wednesday, September 15, 2010

39 weeks

How far along: 39 weeks

I had my 39 week appointment today. I'm about 1 - 1 1/2 cm dilated. Cervix still long. Tomorrow I have a growth u/s to see how big baby is. Tuesday I have a NST (non stress test) and my 40 week appointment. We'll be setting up a date to induce if baby isn't here yet. However I have been having contractions for the past 4 hours about 15 minutes apart. Maybe they'll turn into something?

How big is baby?: Baby's the size of a Watermelon!

What is baby doing? Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

Total weight gain: 39.5 lbs

Sleep: Last night was horrible- but that's because I have toddler with an ear infection.

Movement: It's slowed done but baby is still moving.

Milestones: ?

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting this baby! I'm just about ready. All my other September mom friends (there are 4 others I know IRL due in September) have had their babies.

39 week belly picture

No comments:

Post a Comment