Saturday, May 1, 2010

Maternity clothes are expensive!

When I was pg with DS I figured all the maternity clothes I bought I'd be able to reuse with my future pregnancies. Little did I realize that:

1. I would be pregnant in a completely different season
2. Some of the clothes wouldn't even fit me because of body change and gaining weight differently, etc.
3. My taste in clothes would change and some stuff I just don't like! I made the mistake of buying tent like shirts and the shirts with ties annoy me while I'm driving or sitting in a chair.

It's really hard to find decent maternity clothes at a decent price. A lot of my wardobe is from Kohls (especially when I have a coupon!) However they are hit or miss.

Luckily I'm a SAHM so most things I need are just for chasing DS around the house and going to the park. I found some great tanks at Kohls that I can use for working out or just hanging outside with DS in. I have 3 in different colors I got for about $6 each! They are NOT like a tent and they show off your bump!

I'm going to have to stalk Kohls for some more t-shirts that are the kind that scrunch on the side. They are much more flattering than the tent like shirts - especially for mid pregnancy when you're not huge.

For the most part I'm a thify shopper - especially when it comes to myself. It's rare I buy new clothes - but maternity clothes are a must. This summer I have both my sisters graduations - one from college and one from High School. Then they will be their graduation parties and a bridal shower. Plus I have a wedding to go to in August when I'll be 32 weeks pregnant!

For that stuff I find that Destination Maternity has the best selection. Unfortunately there's not much bargain shopping there and they have the worst return police EVER! I passed right by the Pea in a Pod selection since that stuff costs an arm and a leg and went right to Motherhood which is reasonably priced. I bought 5 items and spent $144.90!! At Kohls I could have bought 5 items for roughly $50-60.

I still need a dress for the August wedding but after I find tha I should be pretty much set. I hope! Here's what I got today.

I promise this next dress isn't as bright as it looks in the picture.

And since IL's have a pool and I'm going swimming lessons with DS in July I needed a maternity bathing suit and cover up.

I still can't believe how much I spent on these! Too bad I don't have any friends that need to get rid of summer maternity clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment