Wednesday, April 28, 2010

19 weeks

How far along: 19 weeks

How big is baby?: Baby's now the size of a mango!

What is baby doing? Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

Total weight gain: 5.5 lbs

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing some shirts - but still fit in my pre pregnancy clothes. I have a feeling I'll be outgrowing them VERY soon. I'm hoping it warms up soon because my maternity jeans are too big this time around and I don't want to invest in another pair.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty well. Half on my side and stomach. I'm normally a stomach sleeper.

Movement: I've been feeling some little kicks.

Milestones: Last night DH felt the baby kick! I couldn't believe it!

What I'm looking forward to: Making the final decision on the double stroller

19 week belly picture

2 comments: